Silicon Fuzz is very similar to our Germanium Fuzz but with silicon transistors instead. The results are a pedal that produces edgier fuzz tones with a brighter sound and more gain on tap. The circuit interacts well with the guitar’s volume pot, though not as well as Germanium Fuzz does. Apart from its awesome sound, the pedal is also completely unaffected by temperature variations resulting in a very stable circuit that has consistent performance under any condition.
We have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS ERO capacitors, NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors, and an array of top grade NOS silicon transistors made by Toshiba and Philips. Our Silicon Fuzz takes you ever so close to the mojo of vintage units.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
Please note: the product’s image shows some of the optional features, which won’t be included unless these are purchased with the pedal. Also, please refer to the “Options Explained” section to see the selection of enclosure colours we stock.
The price displayed is the pedal’s base price. This doesn’t include transistor upgrades and other options.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated in Aged Copper Hammerite finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- We can fit these pedals with the following NOS transistors:
- Fairchild BC208: these rare transistors are fabulous sounding. They’re relatively tame in comparison to BC183 and CV10806, and quite articulate.
- Philips CV10806 (Military Grade BC109): great sounding transistors that are a little more aggressive and edgier than BC183.
- Toshiba BC183: very balanced set of transistors with a smooth sound.
- NOS ERO ROE Roderstein KT1801 film capacitors.
- Philips electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
- Genuine Vero stripborad 0.15” pitch.
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).
There are no reviews yet.