Our Germanium Boost takes you ever so close to the mojo of vintage germanium boosters units, but with a few improvements. To begin with, we wanted to make improvements to the voicing of the pedal; instead of picking a particular sound, we opted for 7 distinctive sounds that go from treble-focused, to mid-focused, and to bass-focused. This makes the pedal termendously versatile, and easier to match with a wide variety of amps. The 7 voicings are accessed through a stepped rotary switch. The effect is achieved using 7 separate high quality NOS capacitors, and not by simply adding a tone stack.
For this pedal, we have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Mullard Tropical Fish and Philips capacitors, and an array of top grade NOS Mullard germanium transistors.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
Please note: the product’s image shows some of the optional features, which won’t be included unless these are purchased with the pedal. Also, please refer to the “Options Explained” section to see the selection of enclosure colours we stock.
The price displayed is the pedal’s base price. This doesn’t include transistor upgrades and other options.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- Hand-selected NOS Mullard transistors. We can fit these pedals with the following NOS transistors:
- Philips/Mullard OC141 germanium transistors. An excellent choice in this circuit. OC141 are creamy with a well balanced overall sound. These are NPN transistors (negative ground) so if you add an LED and a DC socket, the latter will not require a reverse polarity power and hence you can daisy chain it with standard pedals.
- Mullard OC42 are also excellent in this circuit. These transistors are a little brighter than OC141, but also well balanced. OC42 are PNP transistors, so the pedal will require reverse polarity power if a DC socket is added.
- NOS Mullard “Tropical Fish” C280 polyester capacitors.
- Philips/ROE/Frako electrolytic capacitors.
- Xicon/Yageo 1% metal film resistors.
- Premium Switchcraft jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).
There are no reviews yet.