Our Germanium Fuzz is a classic fuzz pedal reminiscent of those made in the 1960s. The pedal produces very desirable fuzz tones with all the nuances that germanium transistors are known for. The circuit interacts very well with the guitar’s volume pot, and goes from a cleanish tone (depending on the selected transistors) to full blown disctortion just by working your guitar volume.
We have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Philips capacitors, NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors, and an array of top grade NOS Mullard and Newmarket germanium transistors. Our Germanium Fuzz takes you ever so close to the mojo of vintage units.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
Please note: the product’s image shows some of the optional features, which won’t be included unless these are purchased with the pedal.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated in Blue Hammerite finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- NOS Tungsram, Mullard, or Newmarket transistors. We can fit these pedals with the following NOS transistors:
- Tungsram AC125 are very good sounding NOS transistors. This is the most affordable option we offer, but nevertheless these transistors make a very good sounding fuzz pedal. The cleanup is OK but not as good as the other options.
- NKT275 are excellent and very articulate transistors with good cleanup. Please note that these are NOS but are of the skinny case type. We have a small, hand selected, quantity of these in stock.
- Mullard CV7005 are very close sounding to Newmarket NKT275. Excellent transistors in this circuit; warm and very classy with very good cleanup.
- Newmarket CV7007 are low gain but sound really fantastic. Less fuzzy than the other options, but just as refined in sound quality. These are more for players who prefer a very well behaved fuzz pedal with amazing cleanup.
- Mullard OC42 are very nice sounding transistors with extremely low leakage. These are ideal in a fuzz circuit, and have a slightly widened frequency response with a decent amount of gain.
- NOS Philips moulded metallised polyester capacitors “Mepolesco” type. These are the exact same ones used in the original Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face.
- Philips electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
- Genuine Vero stripborad 0.15” pitch.
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).