Our Il Signor Bender is an accurate replica of the dual-transistor-based Vox Tone Bender. Similarly to our Fuzz bender Mk I.V, Il Signor Bender is also a circuit that very closely resembles that of the Fuzz Face design, but sounds distinctively different. It is thicker and wilder than our Germanium Fuzz, but much less aggressive in comparison to our Fuzz Bender; so really a pedal for those players who want something in between. Another characteristic of this pedal is that it is a brighter circuit in comparison to both Fuzz Bender Mk I.V and Germanium Fuzz, making it a much a better match for darker amps such as some Marshall and Vox models.
Similarly to the rest of our Mojo Series pedals, we have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Philips capacitors, NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors, and an array of top grade NOS germanium transistors.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated in Grey Hammerite finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- A pair of hand selected NOS germanium transistors. In this model we use a NOS SFT352 and Mullard OC76.
- NOS Mullard “Mustard” C296 polyester capacitors.
- NOS ERO KP1838V film capacitors.
- Philips electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
- Genuine Vero stripborad 0.15” pitch.
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).