Our Fuzz Bender Mk I.V is an accurate replica of the dual-transistor-based Tone Bender, often referred to as Tone Bender Mk1.5. This is a very interesting circuit in that it very closely resembles the Fuzz Face design, but because of some differences in the components’ values, it sounds distinctively different. It is thicker and wilder than a Fuzz Face, but much less aggressive in comparison to a Tone Bender MkII Professional. This is really the pedal for those who want something in between.
Similarly to the rest of our Mojo Series pedals, we have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Mullard and Philips capacitors, NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors, and an array of top grade NOS Mullard germanium transistors.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated in Blue Hammerite finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- A pair of hand selected NOS Mullard germanium transistors:
- Mullard OC75: very refined fuzz sound but a little agressive.
- Mullard OC84: equally refined sound but smoother than OC75.
- NOS Mullard “Mustard” C296 polyester capacitors.
- Philips electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
- Genuine Vero stripborad 0.15” pitch.
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).