Our Silicon Boost is based on the early treble boosters that were fitted with a single silicon transistor. This version adds a Level knob for controlling the amount of desired boost. It also features a Range knob for subtly tweaking the boosted frequencies; it goes from a full on treble boost setting to a more midrangy tone, making it much more versatile than the earlier incarnations.
For this pedal, we have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Mullard Tropical Fish and Philips capacitors, and a highly sought after National Semiconductor 2N4061 silicon transistor.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
Please note: the product’s image shows some of the optional features, which won’t be included unless these are purchased with the pedal. Also, please refer to the “Options Explained” section to see the selection of enclosure colours we stock.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- Hand-selected NOS National Semiconductor 2N4061 silicon transistor.
- NOS Mullard “Tropical Fish” C280 polyester capacitors.
- NOS Philips/ROE/Frako electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors..
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).