Our Fuzz Bender Mk I is a recreation of the earliest three-transistor-based fuzz circuit from the Bender family. This is an immaculate reproduction of a classic pedal, but with a few tweaks for performance and reliability improvements. The performance of these pedals relies on two essential things; careful selection of premium quality components and fine tuning of the final build, and this is exactly what our focus is on. We have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Mullard capacitors, NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors, and an array of top grade NOS Mullard germanium transistors.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality, professionally powder coated, aluminium enclosure.
Please note: the pedal is tuned to maximise sustain while minimising gating. If you prefer to have more gating, then please let us know and we’ll tune it that way for you. Alternatively, you can add the external bias knob option, which helps to fine tune the pedal’s response and gives you access to a spectrum of fuzz sounds from extreme gating to near perfect sustain. If the external bias option is selected, then please note that since the bias boundaries will be stretched, some Bias and Attack positions will add more noise. However, the extra bias control will help to find quiet settings and certainly add to the versatility of the pedal.
Please also note: the product’s image shows some of the optional features, which won’t be included unless these are purchased with the pedal. Also, please refer to the “Options Explained” section to see the selection of enclosure colours we stock.
The price displayed is the pedal’s base price. This doesn’t include transistor upgrades and other options.
- Aluminum enclosure professionally powder coated in Gold finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- Hand selected NOS Mullard germanium transistors. The pedal currently ships with a Mullard OC42 or OC45 in Q1, and a combination of Mullard OC76, Mullard AC128, Mullard AC188, Newmarket OC84, or TI 2N1307 in Q2 and Q3.
- NOS Mullard “Mustard” C296 polyester capacitors.
- Philips electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 120 x 94.5 x 34mm (W x D x H).