Our Germanium Boost takes you ever so close to the mojo of vintage germanium boosters units, but with a few improvements. To begin with, we wanted to make improvements to the voicing of the pedal; instead of picking a particular sound, we opted for 7 distinctive sounds that go from treble-focused, to mid-focused, and to bass-focused. This makes the pedal termendously versatile, and easier to match with a wide variety of amps. The 7 voicings are accessed through a stepped rotary switch. The effect is achieved using 7 separate high quality NOS capacitors, and not by simply adding a tone stack.
For this pedal, we have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Mullard Tropical Fish and Philips capacitors, and an array of top grade NOS Mullard germanium transistors.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
- High quality Hammond aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated in Emerald Sparkle.
- Hand-selected NOS Philips/Mullard OC141 germanium transistor.
- NOS Mullard “Tropical Fish” C280 polyester capacitors.
- NOS Frako electrolytic capacitors.
- Xicon1% metal film resistors.
- Switchcraft UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Alpha rotary switch.
- Alpha footswitch.
- Premium Alpha 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Premium Kester Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).