Our Il Signor Bender is based on the old Italian-made fuzz circuit of the Bender family, but with some tweaks. Similarly to our Fuzz Bender Mk I.V, Il Signor Bender is also a circuit that very closely resembles that of our Germanium Fuzz, but sounds distinctively different. It is thicker and wilder than our Germanium Fuzz, but much less aggressive in comparison to our Fuzz Bender; so really a pedal for those players who want something in between. Another characteristic of this pedal is that it is a brighter circuit in comparison to both Fuzz Bender Mk I.V and Germanium Fuzz, making it a much better match for darker amps such as some Marshall, Vox, and Fender Tweed models.
Similarly to the rest of our Mojo Series pedals, we have sourced an amazing stock of rare and highly sought after NOS components; some amazing NOS Philips capacitors, NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors, and an array of top grade NOS germanium transistors.
We follow our same tradition of extreme attention to detail when putting these pedals together. Every component used is of the highest quality, with absolutely no compromise. The circuit is also housed in a high quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated to our exact specification.
Please note: the product’s image shows some of the optional features, which won’t be included unless these are purchased with the pedal.
- High quality aluminium enclosure, professionally powder coated in Grey Hammerite finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
- A pair of hand selected NOS germanium transistors. In this model we use a Mullard CV7005 and a Mullard OC76.
- NOS Mullard “Mustard” C296 polyester capacitors.
- Philips electrolytic capacitors.
- NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
- Genuine Vero stripborad 0.15” pitch.
- Premium Cliff UK jacks.
- Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
- Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver-plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for superior signal transmission.
- Audio-grade shielded wire.
- Lead free, Silver-based solder.
- True bypass.
- Fully hand wired.
- 3 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 121 x 66 x 40 mm (W x D x H).